CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education & Care
This qualification reflects the role of educators who work with school age children in outside school hours care and vacation programs. In doing so they support the implementation of an approved learning framework. They may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
Total number of units = 19 ( 15 core units and 4 elective units)
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
CHCSAC001 Support children to participate in school age care
CHCSAC002 Develop and implement play and leisure experiences in school age care
CHCSAC003 Work collaboratively and respectfully with children in school age care
CHCSAC004 Support the holistic development of children in school age care
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
HLTWHS001 Participate in work health and safety
CHCECE012 Support children to connect with their world
CHCECE006 Support behavior of children and young people
BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Placement: Minimum of 120 hours required as per the regulations – generally a single block or one/two days per week – completed towards the end of the qualification. The placement is usually completed in a Before and After School Care centre.
- 6 – 12 years – School Age
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test OR submit copy of Year 12 Certificate
- 18 years & above
- A current Working with Children Check
- Ability to use & operate a computer / laptop.
- Knowledge of basic use of office applications
- May require to attend an interview (face to face / phone / skype)
- Students may also need to have access to a computer & internet services outside class hours
The Certificate IV qualification provides for employment in the following roles:
- Assistant OSHC coordinator
- Mobile assistant,
- OSHC assistant,
- OSHC supervisor/coordinator, play leader, program leader,
- Recreation assistant, recreation leader,
- Team leader or vacation care supervisor.
This qualification may provide a pathway into the Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Care qualification.