CHC30113 CERTIFICATE III in Early Childhood Education & Care
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
Total number of units = 18 ( 15 cores units and 3 elective units)
|CHCECE009||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice (Core)|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically (Core)|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety (Core)|
|CHCECE001||Develop cultural competence (Core)|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people (Elective)|
|CHCECE002||Ensure the health and safety of children (Core)|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (Core)|
|HLTAID004||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (Core)|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety (Core)|
|CHCECE003||Provide care for children (Core)|
|CHCECE004||Promote and provide healthy food and drinks (Core)|
|CHCECE005||Provide care for babies and toddlers (Core)|
|CHCECE010||Support the holistic development of children in early childhood (Core)|
|CHCECE011||Provide experience to support children’s play and learning (Core)|
|CHCECE013||Use information about children to inform practice (Core)|
|CHCECE007||Develop positive and respectful relations with children (Core)|
|CHCECE006||Support behavior of children and young people (Elective)|
|CHCECE012||Support children to connect with their world (Elective)|
Minimum of 120 hours required as per the regulations – generally a single block or one/two days per week – completed towards the end of the qualification. The placement is usually completed in a long day care centre.
Practicum Requirements: 120hours
- 30 hours – Birth-2 years
- 30 hours – 2-3 years
- 60 hours – 3-5 years
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test OR submit copy of Year 12 Certificate
- 18 years & above
- A current Working with Children Check
- Ability to use & operate a computer / laptop.
- Knowledge of basic use of office applications
- May require to attend an interview (face to face / phone / skype)
- Students may also need to have access to a computer & internet services outside class hours
The Certificate III qualification provides for employment in the following roles:
- Assistant Educator in long day care
- Assistant Educator in child care centres
- Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or preschool program
- Assistant Educator in occasional care
- Family Day Care Educator
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, education support staff or as teacher aides.
This qualification may provide a pathway into: CHC50113 Diploma of Early childhood education and care.